Saturday, March 17, 2012

Canine Shaman

     I had the horrible realization this morning that I did not draw yesterday. It wasn't that I didn't want to, it was that I had a really weird napping schedule going on. I worked from 9am to 3pm, which required me to wake up at 6:30 am. This was a major adjustment, and by the time I got home from work, all I wanted to do was sleep some more. I ended up napping an hour, waking up, napping another hour, then intending to stay awake; I slept from then until 3:30 am and decided just to sleep the rest of the night. To compensate for this, I will do two drawings today. 
     Now, onto the picture. I just started out wanting to draw something that was canine-esque in form. He looks to be some sort of shaman, because he has a staff and some pouches at his waist. I never usually have a clear idea of what I want a picture to be like when I draw it. I just go for it and see what happens. My boyfriend said that it looks sort of Egyptian-like, and I guess I can see that in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment