Monday, February 6, 2012

Caveman Nurse

     Or should I say cavewoman? In any case, I am not accustomed to sketching primitive beings, but I tried to make her look more ape-like than anything. I am almost halfway through the list of random ideas that I compiled. I guess I'll either make another one after that, or I will have to start taking some suggestions. Today I got the last of my W-2's from this year. I worked in three different places, which makes me a little sad considering that I am now unemployed. I'm sure that something will come my way soon. I just have to stay positive! The good news is that my parents will be sending some money my way once they get their tax returns. I doubt it will be enough to get a new laptop, but I can always get something else that's nice. 
     On the subject of tax time - it has always been a special time for my family. I grew up in a home where my parents did not earn enough to afford a very luxurious life. Tax returns were like a second Christmas for us. We always got to do something nice. Since I moved away, my mom is sending me money that would have been spent on my Christmas and birthday presents. She said to get myself something nice, and dammit, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment